Corruption today is a phenomenon, which has spread its root all across the world. A corrupt society is made up of people with immoral values and their lack of respect and fear of the laws of the country. In simple terms, it is the false use of public power for self-benefits. Corruption today is playing the role of cancer in a common man life which has spread like an epidemic in the past years.
Spread of Corruption in the country
Corruption has influenced the Indian society from a very long period in any forms. The roots of corruption have gone into deep depths of the Indian society. The considerable duty of an Indian state to provide services and its use to develop the economy of the state have created opportunities to exploit public powers for personal benefits. In society today, people working honestly are unrecognized and are often stated stupidly for their behavior. The connections between the various levels of peoples such as politicians, administrators, and criminals are the main reason for the spread of corruption in the country. Practices like false measuring of products, adulteration in consumable items and bribery have given corruption a social turn. Political corruption is at its peak at this point of time in the country. Whether its elections or a normal working of the house of parliament, corrupt workers have gained power in every sphere.
Reasons Of corruption in Indian states
- The lust to gain monetary benefits without having to work for it gets people to participate in illegal activities.
- The salary structure of employees is so less these days that they get obligated to switch to illegal methods.
- Inadequate punishments are imposed on the criminals giving them strength to commit false practices on a common
Measures to prevent corruption
- Proper use of RTI act. According to the RTI act each citizen of the country has the right to gain information about the government and the services provided by them.
- Development of intermediate courts to provide quick justice to the masses.
- People need to be more aware of their surroundings and understand the value of ethics and morality in their lives
- Judicial laws must be enacted strictly restraining false activities.
Strong and firm decisions are needed to be made in every sphere of the society. With a proper working government and cooperation of common people can make India a corrupt free country.