At the first we need to know that What is Gerund? So now read the answer of gerund.
The Gerund is the noun in the form of the present participle of the verb. It means the word that end with “ing” that is Gerund. It is also called by another name that is Verbal Noun. The gerund and the real time participle to be have the same form.
- Verb + ing = gerund
dance + ing = dancing
↕ ↕ ↕
Verb + ing gerund
Examples: Here we show you the some of the best examples of Gerund. Let’s Get it below.
- The boy is playing cricket.
- My son is going to school.
- We are planning to have a two kids.
- She is writing a story.
- Raman is watching the movie.
- Smoking is bad for our health.
- My hobby is singing and dancing.
- He is eating too many foods.
- We enjoyed watching cricket on TV.
- My Mother knows cooking.
In simple word we can say that what we are doing at present is also called Gerund.